MD69AZI THOMSON PATT AZIMUTH SIGHT
Got a Question Or Request a Quote?
A precision Azimuth reading instrument for taking accurate bearings. Based upon the William Thomson (Lord Kelvin) pattern. For use with the MARINE DATA MD69 Series of Bearing Compass Repeater.
• Maximum Altitude: 60\u00b0 above the Horizon.
• Minimum Altitude: 10\u00b0 below the Horizon.
• Equipped with a UV Sun filter and a neutral density filter.
• Milled prism adjustment thumbwheels.
• Non-magnetic Naval Brass construction.
• Type: Thomson pattern Azimuth reading device, Group II.
• Weight: 1.93kg.
• Dimensions: 257mm OD; 246.3mm ID; 110mm overall height.
• Mounting: Fits the MD69 Series of Bearing Compass Repeater.
• Reflector: Rotating 60\u00b0 triangular prism, 30mm length.
• Sun Filters: UV filter (Schott RG780, 0.8mm); Neutral Density filter (Schott NG1, 1.0mm).
• Collimating Lens: Diameter = 33mm; Focal length approx. 100mm.
• Spirit Level: Sensitive to tilt of <1\u00b0.
• Shadow Pin: Not required.
• Construction: Naval Brass.
• Finish: RAL9005 satin black paint.
Maximum and Minimum Altitudes:
For taking bearings of landmarks or objects with low luminosity (the arrow on prism adjustment thumbwheels = DOWN). A distant object is sighted directly by the eye with the compass card being simultaneously viewed indirectly through the prism. Maximum altitude 34\u00b0 above the horizon; minimum altitude 10\u00b0 below the horizon.
For taking bearings of the sun or other celestial objects (the arrow on prism adjustment thumbwheels = UP). The compass card is viewed directly through the collimating lens with a distant object being simultaneously viewed indirectly through the reflecting prism. Maximum altitude 60\u00b0 above the horizon; minimum altitude 1.5\u00b0 below the horizon.
Operating Temperate: -10\u00b0C to +70\u00b0C.
Manufacturer: Marine Data Sensors/Repeaters