AIS CLASS B AMEC TRANS W/GPS
• A dual parallel AIS receiver, AIS transmitter
• NMEA 0183 (RS-422) & RS-232 serial outputs
• Easy installation with PC, chartplotter or dedicated display
• Built-in 12-channel GPS receiver (also acts as back-up GPS)
• Product includes the AMEC AGGRESSOR-111-C Marine GPS Antenna
• GPS sends standard NMEA output sentences (GPGSV, GPGSA, GPGGA, GPRMC)
• Excellent Windows-based AMEC AIS Viewer program with Chart & Alphanumeric views included at no extra charge
• Rugged anodized aluminum housing for durability and RF shielding
• Waterproof connectors and front-&-back-panel gaskets for extra protection from elements (IP66)
• External power switch on back panel
• Runs on 12v or 24v DC power
• Requires an optional VHF antenna or appropriate antenna splitter
A Versatile AIS Solutio
The CAMINO-101 Class B AIS Transponder can also be used as a dual-channel AIS receiver and GPS receiver. This allows you to connect the unit to computers and chart plotters and use the transponder's GPS and AIS information from other nearby vessels to display your position and other vessels on AIS-capable applications and devices. In other words, this device can function as an AIS Class B transponder, a GPS receiver and a dual channel AIS receiver \u0097 all at the same time.
• Silent Mode & SRM
These functions are easily enabled in software to start⁄ stop transmitting position or send a Safety Related Message (SRM).
• Water Resistant
Rugged hard-anodized aluminum case with sealed connectors and front-and back-panel gaskets for water resistance and a longer lifetime in harsh marine environments.
• Easy Connection to Computer
The RS-232 interface allows serial cable connection to computers (or use optional USB-Serial adapter for a USB connection).
• NMEA Standard Interface
The CAMINO-101 Class B is designed to be compatible with all modern chartplotters and PC's. The NMEA 0183 RS422 interface is the standard in marine connections and ensures simple installation.
• Designed to Internationally-recognized Standards
- IEC62287-1 Class B, IEC61162-1, EC61162-2
- This Class B transponder is approved for use in the USA by the US Coast Guard and the FCC.
The AMEC CAMINO-101 provides:
• Automatic transmission of vessels own position, speed and heading to other vessels within VHF range.
• A method of monitoring the position, speed and heading of other vessels within VHF range.
• The ability to plot the progress, changes in heading and speed of other vessels on a computer (using included software) or a chartplotter.
• A vessel's name, call sign and MMSI number to call the target vessel on a DSC radio.
Manufacturer: TMQ Electronics