GMDAS, part of the AMI Group, the market leader in marine Communication electronics including Satellite Communications, throughout Australia and SE Asia are looking for a highly competent & self motivated Service Technician for their fast growing Satcom Division – GMDAS at the AMI head office in O’Connor, WA. GMDAS aims to be a leader in the VSAT, Inmarsat and Iridium business in Australia and SE Asia, both for hardware, airtime and servicing of installations, for Land, Marine and Offshore customers.
The position has been newly created as the result of an expansion drive and the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for meeting the System Design/Sales and Service requirements of GMDAS’ present customers in Satcomms and for all new installations, for generating leads in new Satcom Business, servicing, repair and maintenance opportunities for Marine, Offshore and Land based customers throughout Australia.
The role will also require assistance to the GM for all day to day Admin work of GMDAS. The role reports directly to the General Manager and includes but not limited to the following duties:
- System Design/Sales, Install, repair, update and service VSAT, Inmarsat and Iridium Satellite communications equipment on all manner of marine, and offshore vessels and for land based customers.
- Maintaining an awareness of technologies new to the market. Be prepared to be traied in the latest technologies and products.
- Liaise with customers and management to ensure repairs are completed on time to a high quality level.
- Following best commercial practices for installation, wire checking and commissioning.
- Generate new leads in Satcom Business for Marine, land and Offshore customers including for new equipment, airtime, service and maintenance opportunities.
- Assist in day to day Admin work of GMDAS.
- Must be prepared to travel and hold a current passport. Be an Australian Citizen or Hold a PR Visa or similar.
- Must have a current WA Drivers License or have another current drivers license until a WA license can be attained.
- Possess a demonstrated ability to work within and be accountable to agreed sales targets;
- Have a min 2 year background in technical sales, service management and/or business development within a electronic/Electrical and/or marine equipment manufacturer or supply company, or similar;
- Be computer literate;
- Be proficient in preparing sales plans and reports;
- Demonstrate excellent presentation, time management, organisational and communication skills, and always present professionally;
- Be driven to succeed with a 'hands on' and 'can do' attitude;
- Be familiar with usual marine, Offshore, Land and other site based access requirements, restrictions and protocols etc
- Preference will be given to Offshore Certified Engineers with system Design experience.
The following attributes are considered well regarded:
- Engineering qualifications in a Satellite Communications related field.
- Good customer service skills
- Established network in the Satcoms market area
- Organized and tidy workflow
- Interest in Satellite industry technologies
- Well-ordered and considered approach to technical work
- Willingness to learn and be part of high quality team
To Apply, email a resume and covering letter to: email@example.com